Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bye, Edie

Wisteria Lane, that kooky little strip of TV America, is planning to say bon soir to the tartalicious Edie Brit. According to no less an authority than her killer-to-be, her Wisteria Lane husband, Dave Williams, Edie gonna get whacked in the woods on Sunday night.

I found Edie to be the least compelling character at the outset. As the series has meandered on and reinvented itself and removed characters and introduced characters and fast forwarded five years and --pause for breath here (and reflect on how goofy this show has become)--I've become an Edie fan.


Brie is controlling and emasculating. Gabby is self centered and demanding. Susan is an idiot. Lynette is ok. The old China Beach woman, whatever her name is, she's ok, too. But Edie, Edie is pure.


Pure self indulgent trampy be-otch. The same thing she has been since the beginning.


So we bid Edie adieu, and with great amazement. I am amazed--and a little bit ashamed-- that I remembered all those characters' names.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. PFOS, if that's all you have to say about DH, I must insist that you rent seasons 1-5 and revisit all that you have obviously missed. You're right about Edie, she's a modern woman if there ever was one. Gabby - Gabby has more balls than the NBA. Often times when I'm faced with a situation and must decide if I should turn the other cheek or give it right back, I find myself saying WWGD? You're also right about Susan, she's yet to define herself. At one point I think she was channeling Lucille Ball, but Lucy wasn't having any of it. Her best work was when she was fighting with Edie after Edie found out that Susan burned down her house and doused her in the late neighbor's ashes. Lynette - seriously Lynette is more than okay. If Hillary Clinton had Lynette Scavo as a role model, I think we could go back and rewrite 10 years of history. And while Brie can certainly hold her own in any situation - she's a Republican ya know - her son Andrew needs more of a storyline, along with the gay neighbors, and you're forgetting Mrs. McKlusky and Carlos, and oh my goodness, what are you doing for 60 hours this weekend?

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

Don, your comment reflects great vision and insight, and I salute you.

I watch mostly for the cleavage, and so I shall miss Edie. There was that great washing the car sequence that I hold dear.

...and the channelling Lucy concept, that is seriously cool stuff, well played and bravo to you, Mr.Keibawls!