Friday, February 6, 2009

Addendum

On the evening of Sunday January 25th, local Palm Beach teens, outraged upon finding out that their trust funds had disappeared into thin air, T.P'ed Madoff's Florida home. The teen vandals then called and informed the Palm Beach Post of what they had done, explaining that it was an act of retaliation. Then they put a woman on the phone -- I'm presuming it was their mother, or maybe an older sister who had also lost her trust fund but was just too mature to participate in the vandalism -- who corroborated the story but would not provide any names. The housekeeper of Madoff's estate -- a two-story, five-bedroom, seven-bath home featuring a boat dock, a spa and an in-ground pool -- refused to press charges on the vandals. I am unable to get the picture uploaded, but you can see it here:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/01/26/0126tpmadoff.html?imw=Y

This reminds me of the nightmarish day that I too found out that I did not have a trust fund. I thought about reacting in the same way, but since no one had defrauded me of my money (it just simply didn't exist), I realized that toilet-papering my parents' houses would not be an effective retaliation as I would likely be caught in the act due to my amateurish vandalism skills, and then I'd be forced to clean it up.

Oh, and Kyra Sedgwick is in "The Closer," a cable television show that I believe has won awards. And she has been married to Kevin Bacon for something like 20 years. Since the Bacon-Sedgwick household appears to really have taken a beating by Madoff, I am going to go out on a limb and say that IF Madoff's housekeeper had pressed charges, and IF the Palm Beach PD needed to begin an investigation, the first place would be to start would be Kevin and Kyra's homestead.

1 comment:

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

If it will help you resolve some latent conflicts, you and I can go TP your mother's house this weekend. Or your grandmother's. Or if there are no issues, we can just go mess with 'em...and blame Kevin Bacon.

BTW, do Bacon & Sedgwick have offspring? I'm thinking they'd be unusual looking small humans.