Sunday, February 23, 2020

Anguilla. It's 11

Hello.

Let's go back to the geography classes in which you didn't pay attention (neither did I).

1. Caribbean : somewhere south of Key West

2. Caribbean Sea : once referred to as the Spanish Lake.  Get James Michener's "Caribbean" on your Kindle.  It will start the fire deep inside you.

3. Antilles.  Nobody paid attention when they taught this 😅

4. Antilles II : they form an inverted "L", more or less, when you're looking at a map

5. Greater Antilles : the bottom of the inverted L, in this case, a line segment (my, my, my... a line "segment", aren't we the studious type) that is in the northern part of the Caribbean.  It's the Caymans, Cuba, Hispaniola, Puerto Rico, the USVI, the BVI and, at the junction, Anguilla and St. Maarten.

6. Lesser Antilles : the eastern boundary of the Caribbean Sea; the more or less north/south string of island nations that I'll map so I don't have to list them all

7. Most of you haven't been here.  That is not a good life fact.

8. Most of you haven't been here II.  I think we can fix that.

9.  Anguilla is fabulous.  Just sayin'. It's a fact.

10.  I believe that I have found the best place to experience Anguilla.  I may set up a group trip.

11.  Who's up for it?

More to come, next installment of Neveradullmoment.  I can't wait!!! and I write it 😊

No comments: