Tuesday, April 7, 2020

My Ears Made My Brain Hurt

NOT  Chicago Mayor Lightfoot.
This is the Dumb & Dumber Haircut.
Each time I think we have reached humanity's intellectual bottom, I learn of something lower and we have a new bottom. 

I am not a fan of Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot.  I will not go through my reasoning at this time, and maybe she'll change, I'll change, we'll have a big Kumbaya moment, yadda yadda happily ever after. 

Not likely, even if she knew - or cared - who I am and what I think.

Anyway...

Yesterday I listened to Lightfoot's afternoon presser about Chicago and The Virus.  Some reporter (let's discuss the title "reporter" later, maybe another time) questioned Lightfoot about getting a haircut. 

The economy is in freefall, McCormick place is the world's biggest MASH hospital, policemen are getting sick, people are frightened as hell and this individual thinks it's important to ask the mayor of the city about getting a haircut. 

The mayor says she needed a haircut.  She says she's in the public eye and tries to maintain her appearance.  She tries to move on with the presser.

NO.  Follow up on the haircut.  The mayor answers and tries to move forward.

NO.  More follow up on the haircut.  The mayor answers and actively disengages from the line of questioning.

This morning, news outlets throughout Chicago--news outlets NATIONALLY -- are talking about The Haircut. 

Kudos to the mayor for being patient.  Mostly patient.  More patient than I would like her to have been.  Props to the the mayor for keeping up with her grooming.  I need a haircut, too. 

This was bad.  Then I heard that some reporter asked NYC mayor DiBlasio if the city was planning to bury COVID victims in NYC parks. 

Stay tuned.  Dumb and Dumber are just getting started.

No comments: