Friday, December 5, 2008

Quick Picks

Happy Birthday to my best girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeypOvsY91Q

Wagering on football games is a pretty good bet. I have reached this conclusion based on the following (thanks to Durango Bill):
Statistically, there are 1.7 fatalities for every 100,000,000 auto miles driven.
If you drive a mile to the store and a mile back to buy your lottery ticket, the likelihood that you will be killed on your lottery ticket buying trip is aprroximately 1 in 29,500,000.

You are six times more likely to be killed during the trip than you are likely to buy a winning Mega Millions ticket.

Here are the weekend picks. I stopped on the way home for lottery tickets, so I hope I am exempt from becoming a negative statistic.

Louisville @ Rutgers -10.5
Rutgers won Thursday night, 63-14
Louisville has such a cool mascot on their helmets. It’s the best thing they’ve shown this year.
"W"

Buffalo @ Ball State -15

Ball St is undefeated. Fifteen might be a stretch, but I’m on it.

Pitt @ Connecticut -3
Wannie alert!

Boston College @ Virginia Tech PK
I’m taking the home team.

Missouri @ Oklahoma -17
Booma Soonas gawn run all ovuh Mizoora.

Go out and buy someone an apartment building for Christmas, the economy needs your support.

No comments: