Friday, November 14, 2008

My Wife Doesn't Read These: Football Week 11

The old ball & chain kicked me right in the self esteem, informing me, with utter disregard for my fragile self, that she skips reading "all that football stuff".

Off topic, I: Professor, make sure your pop wears his sunblock and straw skimmer in Florida!
Off topic, II: I walked into the kitchen early Tuesday morning and Chucky was on my radio with Steve Dahl. Very alarming. Next time I would like to be forewarned.

I began the week with a record of 38-40-2. Here's seven bullets (actually nine, two were fired at earlier games, Central Michigan & Florida) for this week:

Central Michigan +4 1/2 @ Northern Illinois
Northern's second half comeback got them to OT, but CMU QB and Benet HS alumnus Dan LeFevour prevailed, 33-30. We won a thrilla.
"W"

Oklahoma State @ Colorado +16 1/2
Colorado is only 5-5, but they've played a very, very challenging schedule.

Boston College @ Florida State -7
Letdown game for BC and a tear 'em up late in the season game for FSU.

Virginia Tech @ Miami -4
Our on-campus 'Cane says there's big emotion building for this one.
Miami won 16-14, no cover.
"L"

University of South Bend -4 @ Navy
The Manatee is fighting for his life (if you can actually get worried with seven years left on a multi million dollar contract). Even so, I just hate to bet against Navy.

Connecticut -10 @ Syracuse
STP Partners has concluded that 'Cuse has folded its tent.

Mississippi State @ Alabama -19
Remember how Keith Jackson would snap off his words, he of the precise diction: Al-a-BAMMA!
South Carolina +21 @ Florida
21 is a lot, we usually give in these situations. This week we get.

USC -23 @ Stanford
Pete Carroll has begun to unleash the hounds.

Three games below grade, still, as week eleven begins. Like Harry Callahan asked, "...do I feel lucky..."

No comments: