Wednesday, September 3, 2008

10 Best Corporate Reputations

I came across a Harris poll list showing the 10 Best Corporate Reputations in the USA. Here's the 10.

10. Microsoft
Part of our daily lives, and Bill Gates is fun to watch. Bill is a modern Rockefeller, as in "more money than Bill Gates".
9. Honda
They run and run, two wheels, four wheels, outboards, generators, race cars. I love Honda.
8. Coca-Cola
A real marketing success, 'cause it doesn't do anything that's actually good for you. Even so, just thinking of the old commercial with Mean Joe Greene and the little kid makes you want to pop the cap off a bottle of Coke. I'd like to teach the world to sing...

7. 3M
Scotch Tape and Post It Notes and a million other cool things. I like 3M.
6. Berkshire Hathaway
They are Fruit of the Loom, GEICO and Helzeberg Diamonds, and a lot of other stuff. Warren Buffet, too. The talking fruit and the gecko, gotta love 'em.
5. Kraft
Mac 'n Cheese. How can you not feel good about that?

4. General Mills
The Pillsbury Dough Boy, Cheerios, Chex and lots more. I'm getting hungry.

3. Intel
Look at your computer, there's probably a sticker that says "Intel Inside".

2. Johnson & Johnson
Baby products, skin care products and Band Aids.

1. Google
The world's answer machine and lots more.

I'm not sure how they assembled the grades for this poll, but the brands that these companies own have earned a very important place in our lives. The brands are personal, reliable, predictable, and generally connote a good value. We interact with these companies throught their brands every day, and they generally do a good job of not letting us down.

Thursday, the 10 Worst Corporate Reputations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to teach the world to sing, you can't hear that song and not think about being a kid at Christmas. At least that's how old I was when they used it in their Christmas commercial.

Anonymous said...

Where's Starbucks on your list?

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

I didn't make up the list, but I would guess Starbucks has a pretty good rep. I've heard that they're very good to their employees, and clearly their customers love 'em.
As for me, when I'm grabbing coffee to go, I play the McDonald's drive thru roulette--order the usual and hope for the best.