Friday, September 26, 2008

Football Fun #5

After four weeks of careful study and investment, I'm 3 under break even. If I did this for a living, I'd be asking Washington for a slice of the $700 billion sugar cookie they're baking up right now. Hmm...maybe I should call my Congresspersons...let's play!
Pitt -16 @ Syracuse
Syracuse finally won a game last week, and Pitt squeaked one out by a point over Iowa. Wannstedt's boys are pretty good, and 'Cuse is pretty bad. The Panthers will run it up.
Michigan State -8.5 @ Indiana
The Hoosiers are 2-1, but both their wins came against cupcake opponents. Michigan State is 3-1, with their loss coming at the hands of California in their first game. After last week, I think MSU is a pretty good football team. I also think Indiana is, again, not a pretty good football team. MSU by 17.
Northwestern @ Iowa -8
I may be forbidden from flying the Purple Flag on Saturday after this. I will root for the 'Cats. I will bet on evil Iowa.
Minnesota @ Ohio State -18
Minnesota is sporting 4-0 record coming into Columbus. Ohio State is still sporting a shiner from two weeks ago against USC. I think that Ohio State makes a point of running it up on the Gophers.
Tennessee @ Auburn -6
The Rocky Top gang looks kind of blah this year, and Auburn is one of those teams that's hard to predict. Auburn's at home and they're going to be pumped. Take the Tigers.
TCU @ Oklahoma -18
Big point spreads can make you shudder. The Horned Frogs (I gotta look up how they got their name!) are gonna be road kill as that little Sooner wagon they drive around gets a workout. Sooners with a big win at home.

There's six for this week. But wait...there's another one that's too interesting to pass up.
Illinois @ Penn State -14
The Illini are schizophrenic, witness the pain they caused in their showing against the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana Lafayette. Penn State has been tuning up on lesser opponents, but they haven't missed an opportunity, hammering every one by a big score. Happy Valley will be happy this week, it's going to be Penn State...by a little more than 14.




No comments: