Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 5 Football

This is getting serious. I actually study this stuff and I am drowning in failure. Here's the weekend tally.
Pitt -16 @ Syracuse
Pitt 34, Syracuse 24
I never liked Dave Wannstedt and now I still don't like him more and forever what a no good stuttering lackluster spitwad of a....whew, I feel better now. Not really. Wanny's boys get a "W", and I get a
"L"
Michigan State -8.5 @ Indiana
Sparty 42, IU 29
Good. I got one right, simple, straight ahead correct. Iowa is going to East Lansing this coming week, and the MSU should handle 'em. I'm getting ahead of myself.
"W"
Northwestern @ Iowa -8
'Cats 22, Iowa 17
I am elated, though I was incorrect on this selection, as NU goes to 5-0 on the season. Further, I have been informed that I have been placed on double secret probation for not keeping the faith.
"L"
Minnesota @ Ohio State -18
Ohio State 34, Minnesota 21
Terrelle Pryor looked pretty good, and Minnesota is better than I gave them credit for, but this ends up being just another reason to hate Ohio State.
"L"
Tennessee @ Auburn -6
Auburn 14, Rocky Top 12
I said that Auburn is hard to bet on. That's wrong, they're hard to win on. A monkey could pick better than I've been doing.
"L"
TCU @ Oklahoma -18
Sooner 35, Horned Frogs 10
The Sooner Schooner got to run around a bunch and Oklahoma looks like the real deal. Makes me pretty happy to get a pick correct, too. Ain't too many of these to go around, the "W"s, that is.
"W"
Illinois @ Penn State -14
Penn State 38, Illinois 24
I suck at this. The Illini hung a couple of TD's on PSU early, but they have a shoot themselves in the foot tendency. Penn State is, right now, an excellent team, and this game ran pretty close to form. One more PSU score sure would have helped me...
"L"

This week, it is a record of 2 up and 5 down, craptacular once again. Adding them up (and I can still get the simple arithmetic correct) I am now 15-21-1 for the year.
Pathetic.
I quit.
Until Friday.

No comments: