Monday, September 8, 2008

Football Recap Week 2

After two Saturdays of careful analysis and expert consideration (make that "considering the inputs of actual experts"), the result has been much ado about nothing in our college football wagering world.

South Carolina -9 1/2 @ Vanderbilt
This was a shwwwiiiing and a miss. Vandy covered the 9 1/2 by16 1/2...they won 24-17.
"L"

Akron Zips @ Syracuse -5
The Zips won 42-28, and I won, too.
"W"

Northwestern -6 1/2 @ Duke
NU goes 2-0 to start the season with a 24-20 win. A loser for me with the spread, almost a loser for the 'Cats when they allowed a closing seconds TD...that was called back.
"L"

Miami OH @ Michigan -14 1/2
Michigan won 16-6, a winner for me as I said Miami would stay inside the spread.
"W"

Miami FL @ Florida -21
The Gators 26, The Hurricanes 3. Winner!
"W"

Central Michigan @ Georgia -23.5
Georgia is the real deal. The slapped around CM 56-17. This wasn't my plan...
"L"

Stanford @ Arizona State -14 1/2
My call: "ASU is gonna put a beatdown on them this week." They did, 42-17.
"W"

Four wins, three losses this week. After a 4 and 5 opening week, we're back to even, 8 W's and 8 L's. Still better than my 401K, but all we have to show for two weeks' efforts is entertainment.

No comments: