Friday, October 24, 2008

Football Week 9

This week, #9, finds us at 3 fewer wins than losses as the weekend starts, and having had a pretty darn good week last week just to get this close to where I began. Here’s what I think for this week.

Minnesota +1 @ Purdue
Minnesota appears to have an edge here in what began as a pick ‘em game. The edge is that they aren’t Purdue. Purdue has played some quality teams and performed relatively well. They lost respectably to Ohio State and Penn State before getting blown out by Northwestern. The infighting has begun. They’re 2-5 and have 4 consecutive losses. My nickel says Minnesota hands the Boilers another loss.

Illinois –2.5 @ Wisconsin
The Illini can play with anyone when they’re playing within themselves, particularly when Juice Williams behaves. I believe that the whipping’ they put on Indiana last week may have shown the players what the coach knows, follow instructions and win big. Wisconsin has shown nothing, double nothing given that they were expected to play with the big boys this season. The Badgers, like the Boilers, have lost 4 in a row. Picking two teams to lose their fifth in a row, whew, no guts no glory.

Rutgers @ Pittsburgh –9.5
I’m flush with success, having picked a Wannie winner last week. This one seems simple to me: Pitt is real good, Rutgers isn’t.

Notre Dame -11 @ Washington
I am violating two policies here. I do not like to wager on the University of South Bend. I do not like to acknowledge them, period. They are, however, going to go out and kick their old coach’s butt on Saturday.
That is U of W Stadium at the left. Is that as cool as it gets, or what?

That’s it. Four games, that’s all I have.

No comments: