Friday, October 3, 2008

Veep Debate Viewpoint

Today I offer a bonus posting, courtesy of my daughter, reporting from her current duty station near the Neon Palace. Futile Football Felections follows...
Some thoughts on the VP debate:
1. Are there no Republicans that can correctly pronounce the word “nuclear?”
2. Joe Biden kind of looks like a fetus from the neck up. His forehead might be bigger than Wasilla. (It’s like Sputnik! It’s got its own solar system…HEED --PAPERRR--- NOOW!!!)
3. How disappointed was the moderator that she couldn’t get the Veep’s going on gay marriage? “You two agree….crap. On to foreign policy!”
4. Speaking of the moderator, did they scrape the bottom of the barrel with this one or what? She was more tongue-tied than Sarah Palin in an interview with Katie Couric.
5. But, by golly, Palin is adorable. Where can I get one to keep as a pet?
6. Thank you Joe Biden for saying “A maverick John McCain is not.” I didn’t catch his laundry list of reasons because he didn’t take a breath for a full minute and I think he went cross-eyed, but right on!
7. I’m not sure what is going on at the bottom of the screen but it appears to be an EKG of all male and female uncommitted Ohio voters. There’s no scale indicating what the lines mean but they’re pretty even and right down the middle, so I guess it means that the uncommitted Ohio voters don’t live in Cleveland.
8. I swear Palin twice said “Barack Obama and Senator O’Biden.” I swear.
9. I like how Palin dodges questions she can’t answer by talking about something unrelated and saying she just wants to talk honestly with Americans. I do feel like she is talking directly with me, and Sarah Palin, I will vote for you for Student Council President!
10. Joe Biden called Dick Cheney “the most dangerous vice president in America’s history” but failed to make a joke about how Chaney actually shot someone. Are those jokes not ok in debates?
11. The local “political expert” on the channel 13 news in Las Vegas said that he gave the win to Palin because “everyone thought she would totally screw up, and she didn’t.” (It must be fairly easy to be a political expert here.) That’s like saying Palin won because, well, at least she showed up! Who do I talk to in order to begin being judged by that standard?
12. Unrelated, but noteworthy: One game left til 101 years!!

Princess, you make yer Pop so proud: Acerbic political /entertainment commentary, a head shot at a talking head, and a body slam on the Wiggley Nation, all in one concise 12 step missive. Rockin'!

1 comment:

PURPLE FLAG ON SATURDAY said...

I agree, Palin is adorable. We'll miss her. Maybe she could be Ambassador to Seattle.